Meru Networks today announced the all-new AP320i iSeries access point.
Driven by customer demand for an unobtrusive, aesthetically pleasing yet robust unit (with no visible antennae that inquisitive fingers could damage or disturb) the AP320i offers similar performance to its AP320 stablemate, with a few notable differences:
• The unit encompasses an Orthogonal Array Beam Forming antenna system (or OABF for short - which is a blessing!), providing equivalent performance to the six external pole antennas found on its AP320 sibling. Meru state that this new design offers a far superior alternative to those of its competition with higher gain and lower interference. More on this in a later technical bulletin.
• Since the OABF is integrated into the sheer enclosure, the radio dispersion pattern is only 180º, rather than the 360º provided by the omni-directional antennae on the AP320. Due to this hemispherical focus we do not recommend installing the AP320i on columns or partitions in the middle of rooms because devices positioned behind the units will not receive an audible signal.
• The unit ships with a neat two-part, tamper-proof mounting with integrated wall or suspended ceiling grid fitting options making installation quicker, cleaner and cheaper than anything currently available from the company.
Otherwise, the unit is identical in technical characteristics to the AP320, offering:
- • Two, dual-band radios (both supporting 802.11A/B/G/N)
- • 802.3AF/AT PoE support (must be AT specifciation when running both radios at 802.11N)
- • Class-leading device density, IP throughput and bi-directional Quality of Service
- • Robust, durable materials
- • Lifetime warranty
£999 + VAT
(UK List Price. Volume & educational discounts available)